In this section:
Find out more about
fostering in your area
If you have a friend who you think might be interested in fostering, we can send them information
Who can become a foster carer?
Our foster carers are ordinary people who undertake an extraordinary role.
Foster Carers are from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds. Fostering is about being able to respond to the individual need of a child and encouraging them to thrive and grow.
At Swiis we look for people to join our team who:
- Want to make a positive difference in a child's life
- Have time, energy and commitment
- Are flexible and willing to try new things
- Want to learn and develop their skills through training
- Enjoy working with others
There are also some practical requirements:
- You can be single, married, living together, divorced, widowed, in a same-sex relationship, couples or families with children
- You must be at least 21 years old
- You must have a spare bedroom available
- You must be physically and mentally fit and have a positive approach
If you have any questions please contact us.