In this section:
Find out more about
fostering in your area
If you have a friend who you think might be interested in fostering, we can send them information
Swiis foster carers benefit from comprehensive training both pre and post approval and our thorough, competence based assessment process assists in ensuring the best possible matching.
Each placement is managed and supported by qualified, experienced professionals from a multi-disciplinary team, including qualified social workers, education specialists, health advisers and therapeutic specialists.
Our social work staff link to a maximum of 10 carers in order for them to be able to devote sufficient time to supporting carers, young people and children. As experienced, qualified professionals they provide the following support:
- Monthly recorded supervisions with carers
- Liaison with all professionals responsible for the child or young person
- Contributing to the child or young person’s statutory reviews by supporting foster carers
- Unscheduled visits to carers in accordance with Fostering Regulations
- Annual Review of carers in line with Fostering Regulations
- Education workers, resource workers and therapeutic input are also available if required