In this section:
Find out more about
fostering in your area
If you have a friend who you think might be interested in fostering, we can send them information
At Swiis we have a commitment to providing a high quality service for children and young people placed, throughout our organisation.
We also aim to provide our carers with the supports and training they need to enable them to give all children placed the care they require and deserve. We aspire to provide positive outcomes for all young people placed with Swiis and use external and internal quality assurance mechanisms to measure outcomes and ensure the quality of our service.
- Swiis Foster care is inspected and regulated by the Care Inspectorate and has consistently received scores of good or very good.
- We currently hold the Investors In People Bronze Award and hope to soon achieve Silver.
- We are a SQA Assessment Centre able to offer SVQ Levels 3 & 4.
- We have successfully tendered for a number of Scottish Local Authorities’ fostering provision
- We record information for individual trackers for young people in placement
- Swiis Foster care has independent panels for temporary and permanent fostering, including members with a range of backgrounds and experience.
- Our Foster Carer Reviews and End of Placement meetings are chaired by independent reviewing officers and considered at Panel
- We have robust policies and procedures for dealing with complaints, allegations or concerns, about staff or foster carers.
- We have a comprehensive Participation policy that actively encourages the involvement of carers, parents and young people at all level of the organisation and in strategic planning.
- We take feedback seriously and use a range of methods to encourage users to comment on our service and tell us how we can improve.
- We use GIRFEC principles and SHANARRI wellbeing indicators to monitor children’s progress and record outcomes on a monthly basis.
- We use a comprehensive IT system to maintain records and provide management information with which to monitor quality and inform planning.
- Our managers regularly audit staff performance and record keeping.